Community Tutoring Program
Oakland Mills United's Community Tutoring Program is a free service for all K-12 students. Our tutoring sessions run Monday - Friday for 30 minutes. Sign up for a session today! All tutoring sessions are ONLINE via Zoom or Google Meets.
All of our tutors are volunteers. If you are interested in volunteering as a tutor, click the button below. Service hours are available.
TUTORING SESSIONS WE OFFER
We are here to help you learn!
Story Time (Read a Book)
English (6, 7, and 8)
Geography and World Cultures
** We currently do not offer tutoring in this subject. We apologize for the inconvenience.
How to Sign Up for a Tutoring Session
1) Visit https://oaklandmillsunited.appointlet.com/ OR click the Sign Up Button
2) Select your "Meeting Type": Elementary, Middle, or High School Tutoring Session
3) Select your "Member": the academic class/subject that you want a tutoring session for
4) Select a date and time for your tutoring session. Remember that each session is 30 minutes
5) Fill out the information session
6) Review that everything is correct and submit your tutoring session appointment
7) You will receive an automatic email that confirms your appointment. Make sure to add your tutoring session to your calendar. You will also receive an email later with the meeting link
Tutoring Session Policies
Our tutors are all volunteers that are here to help YOU. Please be respectful during your tutoring session.
Any inappropriate behavior will not be tolerated. All school rules apply here.
Please do not record or take any pictures during your tutoring session UNLESS you have PERMISSION from your tutor to do so.
Please make sure that you show up to your appointment!
We have a limited amount of tutors and many students who want to use our tutoring service.
Please make sure to show up on time. If you can no longer make your appointment, please cancel it 12 hours in advance by email firstname.lastname@example.org
All of our tutoring sessions are VIRTUAL.
During your tutoring session, we encourage turning on your camera!
If you do not have access to technological equipment needed for a tutoring session, please email us and let us know! We are here to help you!
If you have any problems regarding our tutoring program (joining or receiving a google meet link, accessing your tutoring sessions, problems during the session, etc.) please email us at email@example.com
Please know that we are here to help you learn and understand your assignments. We are not here to do them for you.
If you wish to talk to someone on our staff regarding our program, please email us.