Community Tutoring Program
Oakland Mills United's Community Tutoring Program is a free service for all K-12 students. Our tutoring sessions run Monday - Thursday for 20 minutes. Sign up for a session today! All tutoring sessions are ONLINE via Zoom. TUTORING STARTS IN OCTOBER!
All of our tutors are volunteers. If you are interested in volunteering as a tutor, click the button below. Service hours are available.
TUTORING SESSIONS WE OFFER
We are here to help you learn! We are NOT here do your work for you!
Story Time (Read a Book)
English (6, 7, and 8)
Geography and World Cultures
English 9, 10, 11, and 12
* Earth and Space *
* Biology *
* Chemistry *
* Physics *
** We currently do not offer tutoring in this subject. We apologize for the inconvenience.
How to Sign Up for a Tutoring Session
1) Visit https://oaklandmillsunited.appointlet.com/ OR click the Sign Up Button
2) Select your "Meeting Type": Elementary, Middle, or High School Tutoring Session
3) Select your "Member": the academic class/subject that you want a tutoring session for
4) Select a date and time for your tutoring session. Remember that each session is 20 minutes
5) Fill out the information session
6) Review that everything is correct and submit your tutoring session appointment
7) You will receive an automatic email that confirms your appointment. Make sure to add your tutoring session to your calendar. If there is anything wrong, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
8) CHECK YOUR EMAIL. You will receive an email from email@example.com that includes the zoom link that you will need to join your tutoring session. You will receive this email sometime before your tutoring session, not automatically.
Tutoring Session Policies
Our tutors are all volunteers that are here to help YOU. Please be respectful during your tutoring session.
Any inappropriate behavior will not be tolerated. All school rules apply here.
Please do not record or take any pictures during your tutoring session UNLESS you have PERMISSION from your tutor to do so.
Please make sure that you show up to your appointment!
We have a limited amount of tutors and many students who want to use our tutoring service.
Please make sure to show up on time. If you can no longer make your appointment, please cancel it 24 hours in advance by email firstname.lastname@example.org
All of our tutoring sessions are VIRTUAL via Zoom.
During your tutoring session, please make sure that you turn your camera on and are in a place where you can talk to your tutor. This is crucial as this will allow us to better help you!
If you do not have access to technological equipment needed for a tutoring session, please email us and let us know! We are here to help you!
If you have any problems regarding our tutoring program (signing up, receiving your zoom link, accessing your tutoring sessions, problems during the session, etc.) please email us at email@example.com
Please know that we are here to help you learn and understand your assignments. We are not here to do them for you.
If you wish to talk to someone on our staff regarding our program, please email us.
volunteer to be a tutor
Volunteer to Become a Tutor
Thank you for your interest in volunteering as a tutor for our program! Please review all the requirements to become a tutor. Service hours are available for students who request them